22 april 2012

School and work.

Hey !

Friday I had a class in laying the foundations of a good speech. It was quite harsh to find out that I need to work a lot on this. When you go into a debat afterwards, you have to defend your statement with proven facts, with quotations of reliable sources and most of all, with grace. I have to do this in a couple of weeks and let's say I don't really feel like it. That's a big understatement, but we don't want this blog to be full of negative sh*t.

After that class, I had a meeting with my group members to set the final deadlines. I stepped up, because we were getting nowhere. I promised them I would buy them drinks after this is all over, if we follow all of our deadlines. I put myself to expenses, but it will be worth it! (She said, hoping she was right..). So I'm hoping that if they read this that they will do it and that they - please - order a mineral water.

Today, Honey made some money. I work at a Veritas store on the Meir. By now, you, loyal reader that you are, know that the Meir is the best known shopping street in Antwerp. My day lasted forever! The weather was awful. Showers and clearances were playing tag, so besides from wet people looking for an umbrella, there weren't many customers. Who could blame them, I would have stayed at home as well if I could. But when there aren't many people, you get bored. Bored as in: 'Oh look, 2 minutes have passed since I last looked at the clock!' So right now, all thights are perfectly fold and put in there packages, all scarfs are hung on their hanger according to the rules and every piece of jewelry is in place just like an army legion.
But sometimes it's a respite next to those I-smell-like-garbage-and-I-want-you-to-find-me-something-impossible-customers. People can be so awful! It's always funny to compare my stories with those of my mum. She works in a Veritas store too, so we totally get eachother. We keep our happy faces on at work, but at home we show our true colours. My mother tells me about a woman who wanted to know if the zipper she chose would match the colour of her dress that was in the car and I tell her about that one customer that bought 13 scarfs that were exactly the same besides from the colour, simply to annoy her husband, what brought her to a final sum of 200 euros.

And after a nice family dinner, I'm in bed. Hating the fact that I have to get up early tomorrow. In the words of Lil Wayne: "Life's a bitch, but I appreciate her".

Sleep tight!
Lots of love,Tascha ♥

1 opmerking: