13 juli 2013

Making it happen: Fast life post graduation

Hi!

Oh yes, I did it. I graduated. I don't have the best grades of the entire class, but hey, did anyone expect that? I do have one thing that the other students of my class don't have: a job. Not a summer job or a weekend job, but the real deal. A real job with real office hours and real tasks and most of all: a real paycheck. Every month. That's right, every other 30 days.

The lovely company that I'm lucky to work for is BESTSELLER. Among fashionlovers, it's probably known best as the company behind VERO MODA, ONLY, JACK & JONES, and so on. Among Taschalovers, it's known best as the company that she can't shut up about.
I am proud to be the PR Assistant of BESTSELLER and the Sales Support for SELECTED Homme/Femme. I love being a PR Assistant, because that's what I studied and because that's what I love. My boss, the PR coordinator, is awesome. He has the same (dry) humour, he shares my passion for Antwerp and he teaches me a lot. I love being a Sales Support, because it helps me understand more about how fashion works and because it's for a beautiful brand. For those of you who don't know SELECTED Homme/Femme, it's the more exclusive and more luxurious brand in the BESTSELLER family.

And let that be the perfect word to describe this Danish, succesful company: family. It was founded in 1975 by Merete Bech Povlsen and Troels Holch Povlsen. After several expansions over the years, it is still a family-owned company and now their son, Anders Holch Povlsen is the CEO. The company culture is very different from other companies. The staff gets a lot of advantages, like cheap (disgustingly cheap) samples, tons of food during lunch, and there is an amazing atmosphere among all colleagues. BESTSELLER is no corporate nightmare, it's no businesslike, stock market listed corporation, but it's a fun, fashionable company.

So right now it's all kicking off. All that talk like: 'I'm going to make it big in fashion PR' has turned into 'I'm making it happen right now'. I'm definitely not there yet and I still fantasize about my future, but I'm taking my first steps into the professional world and it's now that it's all getting started. I'm absorbing every tiny piece of advice, I listen in on my colleagues conversations just to learn a little bit more and I'm memorizing everything carefully. Because I want to make it big and I'm making it happen. Right now.


Lots of love, Tascha ♥

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten